Here is Mumbai's well known Dry Vada Pav Chutney recipe. This garlic chutney is the backbone of the delicious vada pav you get in Mumbai.
This is a very hot chutney so use it sparingly. Try it and share your experience.
If you like the recipe & chutney please share our video, subscribe to our channel and press the bell icon to remain updated on all new recipe video uploads. Thanks!
50 grams grated dry coconut
25 grams deghi mirch/red chilli powder (or use kashmiri red chilli powder to reduce its hotness)
10-12 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp/to taste salt
1. dry roast the grated coconut till it just starts changing color. remove & let cool completley. do not roast it brown
2. slice each garlic clove lengthwise in the center & light dry roast the garlic cloves. remove & let cool completely
3. dry roast the red chilli powder for 30 seconds. remove & let cool
4. in a grinder pulse the roasted coconut a few times till coarsely ground
5. next pulse grind the garlic a few times. add in the red chilli powder, ground coconut & salt & pulse a few times to blend them
6. transfer to a dry bottle & cap tight. store in the fridge. will stay good for 1-2 months
note : all roasting to be done on low heat & with continuous stirring
Please watch: "Homemade Butter Cookies | Easy Butter Cookies Recipe | Butter Cookie Recipe Indian"