Mutton pieces browned on high heat and the pressure cooked with a bunch of flavourful spices.
500 grams lamb leg pieces (nalli)
2 tablespoons nihari masala
4 tablespoons mustard oil
7 medium onions, sliced
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
½ tablespoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
3-4 tablespoons yogurt
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (atta)
½ inch ginger, cut into strips + for garnishing
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Chopped green chillies for garnishing
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Heat mustard oil in a handi till it smokes. Add some water and half the onions, mix and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
2. Add lamb leg pieces and mix. Add remaining onions and salt, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and nihari masala, mix well and cook till the ghee separates.
4. Add yogurt and mix well. Add sufficient water, stir to mix and bring to a boil. Add salt, mix well, cover and cook till fully done.
5. Add some water to wheat flour, mix well and add to gravy alongwith ginger strips and coriander leaves, mix well and cook till the gravy thickens slightly.
6. Garnish with ginger strips, green chillies and coriander sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor