Deep fried dumplings of urad dal mixture. Close cousin of the Medu Vada.
1 cup split skinless black gram (urad dal), soaked for 8-10 hours and drained
Salt to taste
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon shredded curry leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coconut
3 tablespoons rice flour
Oil for deep-frying
1. Blend together black gram, salt and asafoetida with some water to a fine paste. Transfer in a bowl.
2. Add chillies, curry leaves, ginger, crushed peppercorns and coriander leaves, coconut and rice flour and mix well.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Drop small portions in the oil and deep-fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with green coconut chutney.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor