A popular recipe from Hyderabadi cuisine which involves mutton pieces cooked with chana dal and bottle gourd. A must try !
500 grams boneless mutton, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked and drained
100 grams bottle gourd, peeled and cut into large pieces
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoons ghee
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
1½ inch cinnamon sticks
8-10 green cardamoms
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
4 tablespoons yogurt
3-4 green chillies
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Pressure cook Bengal gram with salt and ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder in sufficient water till fully done.
2. Heat ghee and oil in another pressure cooker. Add caraway seeds and sauté till seeds change colour.
3. Add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and onions, mix and sauté till onions are well browned.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix. Add mutton and mix. Add tomatoes and stir.
5. Add chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add yogurt and mix well. Add green chillies and sufficient water, cover and pressure cook till the pressure is released 4-5 times.
7. Add bottle gourd and cooked Bengal gram, mix well, cover and pressure cook till the pressure is released 2-3 times.
8. Add garam masala powder and lemon juice, stir to mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor