Baby potatoes in flavourful curry leaf curry. A must try recipe !
BABY POTATOES IN CURRY LEAF CURRY
30-35 baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 cup + 7 curry leaves
5 tbsps oil
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 medium tomato
1 tbsp split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
2 dried red chillies
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp tamarind pulp
A few thin ginger strips for garnishing
A fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Heat 3 tbsps oil in a deep non-stick pan, add baby potatoes, red chilli powder and salt and toss well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Transfer in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in another non-stick pan, add 1 cup curry leaves and fry till crisp.
3. Roughly chop tomato and place in a mixer jar, add fried curry leaves and grind to a smooth paste.
4. Heat remaining oil in the same deep non-stick pan, add split black gram, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, mustard seeds, remaining curry leaves and onion and sauté for half a minute.
5. Chop dried chilli.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste to the pan and mix well. Add chopped dried red chilli and ground paste and mix well. Add fried potatoes and 1 cup water, salt and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
7. Add tamarind pulp and mix well. Cover and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot garnished with ginger strips and a fresh coriander sprig.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor